Wednesday 1 February 2012

Cose Segrete

Just having a moment to myself listening to Einaudi's La Nascita Della Cose Segrete. I absolutely love this music and its utter calm. It's all been a bit hectic these last few days so nice to have a moment of stillness.

First drama of the week: my water bottle spilled over in my bag. I popped over to the library for a bit of early morning reading and opened my back to find what amounted to a lagoon. Slightly confused, I ran back outside and emptied my bag onto the street (cue confused looks from people in the square as a veritable waterfall gushes out of my bag). Next, I pick up my sopping phone and, whilst wiping it on my hoodie in despair, somehow managed to dreg up some elementary physics knowledge that water + electrical current = nightmare. So, after whipping out the battery, I rush off to the fountain (no pun intended) of all knowledge (t'internet) and find many a foolish bedfellow, all wondering what to do now that their blackberry has gone for a bit of a dip. Lots of talk of putting blackberries in rice, but, finding this all a bit too much like a Delia recipe, I choose to leave it alone to dry for three days. It honestly took a will of steel not to take a sneaky peak every so often to see if my blackberry was any better, but thank the berry gods, for my phone is fully recovered!

Second drama: After a sneaky trip to London, I hopped back to university but in the process managed to lose my purse. Yes, I know, I'm a hopeless case. But, darlings that they are, the people from Stagecoach called me and said they had the very object in their possession so all I had to do was pop over to the bus depot to collect said item. Simple, no? Er, no. On my bike, I had to navigate my way across a bypass to get to this bus depot, hidden behind a factory several miles from town in the back of beyond. I honestly feared for my life about every three seconds such were the number of freight lorries rushing past me. But, two and half hours later, my beloved purse and I were reunited once more.

I wonder, how long till the next self-inflicted drama... Perhaps I'll enjoy the Eindadi infused moment whilst it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment